Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Little Love Goes a Long Way

I literally went MIA last week due to the events that occurred. The Boston bombings and the Texas plant explosion had me distracted and following every piece of information I possibly could for 5 days straight. It was a strange week and one that was draining and emotional.

All in all, I was reminded that life is too short. I need to find a way to deal with life's challenges and failures in a more positive way and value the relationships I have. I thank God everyday that through His grace, I make it through the day. Every day is a blessing in some little way. Seeing runners' vigils being organized in honor of Boston victims across the country was inspiring and touching. A little love goes a long way.

Anyways, I've been reflecting a lot in the past week and a half but you'll see a new entry soon! I'll follow up on Melissa's previous entry about CrossFit and the Paleo lifestyle as well as body image. I'll also provide some tips and advice for those who are interested in or would like to start strength training! Stay tuned!

-Diane

3 comments:

  1. Diane,

    You, Melissa and Doug are doing a fabulous job on your blog. It's very interesting! And I will be following it! :0) Great job sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo! thanks, B.
    that means a lot to us <3

    but doug doesn't get any credit until he pens something. just kidding, we love you douglas -- but a little less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! When all the Boston stuff occurred, I texted and called one of my close friends here in the Bay Area. Why? The friend has a long commute and with all cities in an alert status, just wanted to make sure she was ok (she lives alone though parents are in the area). In times like this, it's always good to connect with people. Keep up the posts as it always brings people together.

    ReplyDelete

Have thoughts? Share them. We insist.