Search This Blog

Thursday, March 01, 2012

world, meet jessica sanchez

if you read my earlier post, you know i'm all aboard the heejun han american idol train, but last night's episode may have just made my ride a little bit more tricky thanks to 16 year old filipina american, jessica sanchez. during hollywood week, she did a beautiful cover of celine dion's the prayer and this week, jessica sang and danced her way through jennifer hudson's love you i do. the girl has got pipes. she was sick during this performance too. if this is how she sings with swollen vocal chords, one would probably see jesus while listening to her sing at 100%.

while she certainly has the vocals to elicit one of steven tyler's closed eyes, head back and forth, just enjoying the music responses, jessica sanchez is so much fun to watch on that stage that i wouldn't close my eyes for a second for fear of missing one of her sassy moves.

2 very talented contenders that may just give us our asian american american idol for 2012? i'm digging' it, and diggin' hard.

-melissa

4 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    Surprised you haven't blogged about it yet, but Jeremy Lin IS IN Dallas for a game tomorrow. :) I would have known eventually but one of my Bay Area friends is in Texas for work / training and he mentioned to me. Another guy I know (who is from the bay area, but living in Texas) know had tickets so both of them are going to the game. Gonna be a crazy one at the arena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alas, DCL, i've been trying hard to resist posting all about Lin all the time. it's been difficult. haha. i didn't want this blog to become the jeremy lin show 24/7. but you bet i'll be tuning into the game!

      looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the showdown! (btw, i'm not a mavericks fan. ha, Texas blood only runs so deep..)

      Delete
  2. What?! The gods are against me. I'll miss my boyfriend. Melissa - I will fight you for Jeremy. He's mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl, you can have him. if me and jeremy got together, god would be the biggest cock block between us and that wouldn't be a good time ;)

      but can i have him on weekends to shoot around? i'd love to play the man in a round of horse.

      Delete

Have thoughts? Share them. We insist.